Churchill China Plc - Interim Results
This content has been sourced from: https://www.investegate.co.uk/churchill-china-plc/...
CHURCHILL CHINA plc
("Churchill" or the "Company" or the "Group")
For the six months ended 30 June 2020
Churchill China plc (AIM: CHH), the manufacturer of innovative performance ceramic products serving hospitality markets worldwide, is pleased to announce its interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2020.
- Operating profit before exceptional items £0.5m (2019 H1: £4.2m; 2019: £11.2m)
- Profit before exceptional items and tax £0.5m (2019 H1: £4.2m; 2019: £11.2m)
- Reported (loss) / profit before tax after exceptional items (£0.4m) (2019 H1: £4.3m; 2019: £11.3m)
- Adjusted earnings per share 3.5p (2019 H1: 30.4p; 2019: 81.7p)
- Basic (loss) / earnings per share (2.9p) (2019 H1: 31.3p; 2019: 81.8p)
- Interim dividend to be reviewed December 2020
- Cash generated from operations £3.4m (2019 H1: £2.4m; 2019: £11.3m)
- Cash and deposits £16.3m (2019 H1: £13.5m; 2019: £15.6m)
- Total revenues £18.9m (2019 H1: £31.9m; 2019: £67.5m)
- Strong start to 2020, impact of COVID in Q2
- Revised operational plans implemented swiftly
- Market recovery progressing
- Continued shift of sales mix towards Europe
- Sales of Hospitality added value product over 50% for the first time
- Forward investment in business continues
Alan McWalter, Chairman of Churchill China, commented:
"Churchill remains a resilient Company with a strong market position and a geographically wide spread of business within the hospitality sector. Our key strengths of innovative design, technically differentiated products and market leading customer service will remain important in our markets."