Assura Plc - Trading Update 2019
For the first half of the year to 30 September 2019
Assura's high-quality portfolio further enhanced; GPI acquisition successfully integrated
Assura plc ("Assura"), the leading primary care property investor and developer, today announces its Trading Update for the first half of the year to 30 September 2019.
Jonathan Murphy, CEO, said:
"Assura has had a very active first six months of the reporting year as we continue to build on our strong progress. The acquisition of GPI, announced in May this year, has been integrated into Assura successfully, and further strengthens our market-leading position, putting us in a better place to provide GPs with the real estate that they need to help alleviate the stresses in the NHS.
"We remain confident in our outlook for the year and look forward to sharing a fuller update at our interim results in November."
Continued improvement to strong portfolio, supported by GPI acquisition
- Current portfolio of 560 properties.
- Two developments completed (Darley Dale & South Woodham Ferrers) at a cost of £8.4 million and five moved to on site (Canterbury, St Leonards, Hereford, Launceston and Bournville); total of 14 developments on site at the period end with a total development cost of £69 million.
- Nine acquisitions completed in the period at a cost of £34.3 million.
- 14 disposals completed for £18 million cash consideration at a small premium to book value at March 2019.
Strong development pipeline offers significant opportunity
- Immediate development pipeline of £72 million.
- Immediate acquisitions pipeline of £65 million, compared with £41 million at March 2019.
- Total immediate pipeline, including on site developments, worth £206 million, up from £142 million at year end.
Continued rent roll growth
- 13 lease re-gears agreed on £0.9 million of rent, adding weighted average of 8.5 years WAULT to those leases.
- Annualised rent roll at £104.4 million taking account of additions, disposals and rent reviews.
Strong financials provide solid platform as the group continues to grow
- Issued £107 million of privately placed notes announced on 8 August 2019 in two series (10 and 15 years' maturities) with a weighted average interest rate of 2.3%.
- As at 30 September 2019 gross debt stood at £757 million with undrawn facilities of £250 million.
Results for the six months ended 30 September 2019 will be announced on 12 November 2019.